CLINTON — The $6,000 traffic study the Clinton Board of Education declined to have done last year is now being insisted upon by officials from the city.
During an Aug. 21 meeting with Clinton Mayor Carolyn Peters and Commissioner of Streets and Public Improvement Nan Crang, Clinton school board officals learned they will be required to obtain a traffic study in order to access Illini and Park drives.
“I don’t want to see this become something that deters us from moving forward,” said Superintendent Dr. Jeff Holmes. What the city is concerned about, he said, is traffic congestion in the area. With a $16 million project, the $6,000 traffic study is not worth holding up progress, Holmes said.For the complete article see the 08-24-2012 issue.
Click here to purchase an electronic version of the 08-24-2012 paper.